Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Thursday, July 21, 2011

EAT - I N D I A N

When I was sixteen years old, I went on vacation to India for six weeks.   The furthest I had been was Hawaii so this was a big exotic deal.  From the minuet I stepped on the Air India plane I was in culture shock.  I felt like I was in little India with the locals.  My trip was memorable.   I rode elephant's to the top of an old palace laden with baboons who were angrier and smarter than your average monkey, saw the Taj Mahal on a full moon and stayed in the most fabulous Maharajah's palace that was converted into a hotel.  I almost got killed in a speeding car driving up the Himalayan mountains but my friend pulled me to safety as the car door swung open and I went sliding out to meet my dismay at the bottom of a rushing river.  I also lost about 20 lbs.  I didn't really need to lose 20 lbs - but due to being an extremely picky eater and turning my nose up to everything that was offered to me I lost weight.  The milk was from buffalo's, the eggs were "dirty" (meaning not pristine white like you find in the super market), the food was too spicy and who knows what they were trying to pass off on me - monkey brains, snakes, cockroaches.  I felt like I was in an Indiana Jones movie.  So, I settled on toast, banana's, cola, King Fisher beer and lots of potato's.   As I got older my taste changed and Indian food is one of my favorites.  My mom has traveled back and forth to India for years now and has become an expert at cooking Indian food.  One of my favorite dishes is Chicken Tikka.  Don't let the recipe intimidate you it's actually pretty easy and you can find all the spices at the super market.  This dish would be perfect for a summer dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment