Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Monday, May 23, 2011

EAT - A V O C A D O S

What's the single most worse thing that can happen after you spend 10 minuets at the store picking out what you think is the most spectacular avocado?  You bring it home, cut it open and it is brown and splotchy inside.  My initial reaction,
Y U C K , S I G H, T O S S.  But if you are lucky enough to have had  X - Ray vision when picking out your lovely avocado and it's brilliantly green insides here is a trick to keeping it ever so green whilst it is residing in your sushi, salad or sandwich.  Rinsing and or submerging in cold water will prevent the avocado from browning for hours.  Maybe ya'll know this little trick already, but it was news to me and it is fantastic.

Cut avocado in half, keep pit in, submerge in cold water for 5 minuets.  Your avocado should stay nice and green.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I am a sucker for Avocado! My dad takes them, sliced them nicely - topped with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Delicious!

    And a little plus, its one of the best foods for your thyroid and belly fat. Give me a few avos!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to lay off the avocado's recently while trying to figure out some allergies, but am back on them and can't wait to try your dad's way - I think I'll prepare them tomorrow night as a side salad. I love all of the Sota family recipes so far!

    ReplyDelete