Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Saturday, May 14, 2011

EAT - M U F F I N S

Have you ever made blueberry muffins from scratch?  I hadn't until last night. So easy that I was thinking "why have I been buying mix muffins for all of these years?"   Anyway, I found Gwyneth Paltrow's Blueberry Muffin recipe in this month's Self Magazine.  I like her - not her movies,  I like her website Goop and I like the fact that her beer of choice is Guinness and not some light blond crappy beer.  Ok back to the muffins.   Totally easy,  not too sweet, and super yummy.  Crack one open, spread a little butter on it and you"ll be in heaven. 




Blythe's Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 eggs (preferably organic)
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.  Whisk butter, eggs and milk in a bowl.  Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold in blueberries.  Divide batter evenly among muffin cups;  sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar.  Bake until muffins are golden brown and knife comes out clean, 25 - 30 minuets.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment