You want almond facts? Here are your almond facts.
1. 20-25 almonds contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk
2. Almonds are the best whole food source of vitamin E
3. One ounce of almonds contains 12 percent of your daily allowance of protein. No cholesterol.
4. Most of the fat in almonds is monounsaturated, also known as the "good" fat.
5. Almonds are loaded with minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, calcium and folic acid
I buy raw almonds in bulk and roast them in small batches. Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees, spread the almonds out on a baking sheet and cook for about 10 minuets. Now, I normally put the almonds in the oven and go and do something, like vacuum or start a movie or go on the computer. And then I forget about the almonds until someone walks in the room and says, "what's that good smell?" I rush to the oven just before I am about to burn the almonds, but I catch it time, every time. Let cool and put away in a air tight container. I am seriously thinking about going into the almond business with my trusty crusty baking sheet.