Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BIKINI - F A V O R I T E

When I was about fourteen years old there was a dance shop at the local mall.  One day in the window I spied a one piece swimsuit that I had to have.  My Mom took me into the store, asked me if I was sure that this was what I really wanted.  I shook my head yes in excitement and walked out of the store with my new swimsuit.  From the front it looked kinda tame, but when I actually put it on in my room it was a little too much for me to handle.  The back was totally backless and had the thinnest of thin ties holding it all together.  The front was a low v - neck and came in at the sides of the stomach revealing far to much flesh for a fourteen year old girl.  But I did wear that suit every chance I got in a very modest way.  I  remember being at a family friends pool, hugging my arms close to my chest as I walked to the diving board.  Embarrassed and shy, I held my arms across my body in the tightest self hug, got up on the diving board and jumped in arms and legs out - splashing into the water with carefree abandon.  My mom just shook her head and was like "what happened to the self conscious, modest girl who barely made it to the diving board?"  And in every picture I have found of me in that suit, my favorite suit, that made me feel so awkward and self conscious, the suit  that I wish I still had (and will recreate soon), I am fully covered  from the top up.  Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. nice recollection of youth and our insecurities.

    ReplyDelete