Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hey Nineteen


It all started when I was 19 and bought a plain red triangle top bikini. I didn't try it on until I got home and I will never forget the image in the mirror. Gone was "skinny Winnie" and hello Windsor! That was one of the best summers of my life. Me and my red bikini hung out at Lake Tahoe, Stinson Beach, pool side and in the back yard catching rays. Anyone who knows me from back in the day remembers that I spent just about every waking minuet at the beach. I was not going to show up looking like all of the other girls, so I would scour the racks at Macy's and Nordstrom's looking for the most perfect, unique bikini I could find. Fit was key and the simpler more classic the cut the better. I guess I am basically designing for me - just your regular beach girl who loves a great bikini. I designed the majority of my fabric and have had it all custom printed locally. My seamstress is amazing and works with me on tweaking fit and bringing some of my crazy non traditional fabric choices to fruition. I literally can't sleep at night with visions of my next creations dancing through my head. There is no turning back now! See ya at the beach.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you Windsor. Can't wait to see the first year's collection. Cheers to following your dream and sharing it with the world. - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, thanks for always being so supportive!

    ReplyDelete