Bikini Quotes

Conquering the world one bikini at a time

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

L O V E - S E A

One of my most favorite books is " Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. What I love about this book is that it was written in 1955 and still holds true today.  It is classic and ageless.  Lindbergh shares her thoughts on youth and age, love and marriage, peace and solitude drawing inspiration from shells on the shore while on a seaside vacation.  My battered copy  lives on my bookshelf in plain sight, as a reminder. From time to time I'll pull it down and randomly read a page - always amazed by how that random page holds true to what is currently happening in my life.  Today I flipped to page 24 all about beach living  - "One learns first of all in beach living the art of shedding; how little one can get along with, not how much. Physical shedding to begin with, which then mysteriously spreads into other fields.  Clothes, first."   Every girl/woman/mom/bride to be should read this book and remember not to "sweat the small stuff and live life to the fullest....on the beach if possible!
http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Sea-Anne-Morrow-Lindbergh/dp/0679406832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296667927&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment